This is a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice to join a fast-growing company working as part of an existing team. You will work towards a Level 2 apprenticeship standard. We are recruiting for four apprentices in: Joinery; Bricklaying; Plastering; and Painting and Decorating to support our trades.
We are recruiting for four apprentices in: Joinery and Plastering to support our trades. This is a fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice to join a fast-growing company working as part of an existing team. You will work towards a Level 2 apprenticeship standard. As an Apprentice, you will work alongside an experienced tradesperson to gain hands on experience in all stages of trade specific work.
The apprenticeship scheme will be varied and will include the following duties:
- Identify and confirm trade specific requirements and components against specification / drawings / CAD / BIM and in accordance with Building Regulations.
- Locate, handle, store, load, transport and position materials and components safely, minimising damage so they are ready for applications.
- Prepare the site (including access equipment when necessary), power and hand tools appropriate to the project.
- Calculate the most efficient quantity, length, and area of resources.
- Use and maintain hand tools, power tools and associated equipment to achieve optimum performance.
- Maintain a clear and tidy workspace and ensure that waste materials are disposed of in accordance with current legislation.
- Carry out quality checks against specification and take remedial action where required or instructed. • Follow strict health and safety guidelines when on site and complete all work to the high company standards set
Undertaking practical trade orientated work appropriate to the post holder’s skills and experience.
An apprenticeship is a great way to get an industry-recognised qualification while you are learning on the job. You will build skills, knowledge, and experience – whilst also getting paid. With time and experience, you could progress into becoming skilled in your trade, a Site Manager or even a Project Manager.
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level 2 (GCSE)
Positions: 2 available, one for each of the following trades: Joinery and Plastering.
Requirements and prospects
- Good timekeeping skills
- Good communication skills
- Good practical skills
- Interest in the selected trade
- Team player
- Willing to learn
Future prospects: Continued role within the company upon completion of this apprenticeship.
Application for Trade Apprenticeships